- Code of Practice
- Introduction T&C’s
- Terms of Service
- Subscriptions, Rates, Packages
- Correspondence and Communication
- Feedback and Rider reviews
- Intellectual property rights
- Disputes, Complaints and Customer satisfaction
- About Booking.com and the support companies
Code of Practice
We wish to encourage Cyclists and Motorcyclists to tour throughout Europe with reassurance, by offering a vast network of accommodation providers who can provide safe, secure and protected parking and/or storage for their machines overnight.
We are keen to encourage all European riders and bikers to use our accommodation directory, thus you can view initially in five different languages, more languages will be added
- We bring a vast and comprehensive network of safe and secure, biker friendly accommodation providers for you to plan your trip.
- We listen to you: our Platform is the product of what YOU (the rider) prefer and find most convenient when using our service
- We hear you: we show uncensored reviews from you our End Users
- We promise you an informative, user-friendly website that guarantees the best available direct prices.
We have two sets of Terms and Conditions, one pertaining to the Accommodation provider and the second dealing with YOU the End User/Biker/Rider. Both may be amended from time to time. By accessing, browsing and using either of our website or our application (either referred to from hereon as the ‘Platform’) and/or by subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions set out below (including the privacy statement).
- ‘RideandRest’ ‘rideandrest.com’, ‘us’, ‘we’ or our’, ‘organisation’ means Rideandrest Ltd., a private limited company incorporated under the laws of England and Wales, and having its registered address at 16 Wakehurst Rd, Eastbourne, United Kingdom, BN22 7FL. Registered company number being – 09943713
- ‘Platform’, ‘Website’, ‘App’ means the website and/or app on which the Accommodation Directory is made available on and is owned, controlled, managed, maintained and/or hosted by rideandrest.com.
- ‘Supplier’ ‘Accommodation provider’, ‘Provider’, ‘Hotelier’, ‘Property means the professional provider of accommodation (e.g. Hotel, Motel, Apartment, Guest House, Bed & Breakfast, Camp Site),
- ‘Subscription’, ‘Rates’, ‘Packages’ refers to either of our three payment options. You as the End User subscribe but are not charged to use our Platform.
- ‘End User’, ‘Rider’, ‘Biker’ means the person/s who will be a guest at the Suppliers accommodation (e.g. cyclist, motorcyclist)
- ‘Subscription’, ‘Rates’, ‘Packages’, ‘Contract’, ‘Listing’ refers to either of our three payment options.
- ‘Reservation’, ‘Booking’, ‘Stay’ means the order, booking or reservation of a room/s by you the end user at the providers accommodation.
Terms of Service
- Our Platform - we at RideandRest provide an online platform through which Suppliers, as professional conductors of business can advertise, market, promote and/or offer their products and service for order, purchase, reservation, hire, and through which Riders, Bikers or End Users of the Platform can discover, search, compare, and make an order, reservation. By subscribing and using our Platform/s you enter into a direct contractual relationship with us, with which you can make a reservation with a Supplier. From the point at which you make your choice we re-direct you to the Suppliers own website, we act solely as directory for you to browse our Suppliers.
- When subscribing to RideandRest as an End User we state that the information disclosed and advertised by the Supplier is solely controlled and managed by each separate Supplier. Descriptions claims, and media will be researched and vetted by us prior to the Provider going ‘live’ on our directory, however, false claims and descriptions by the provider to us and thus yourselves shall not see us deemed liable.
- Furthermore, it is the Suppliers responsibility to update their own rates/fees/prices/availability, Privacy Policies, Cookie Policies T&C’s, descriptions and media content, we take no responsibility for any information that is in-accurate, in-complete or incorrect, nor will we be held responsible or liable for any errors (including description and typographical errors).
- We cannot be held responsible or liable for any interruptions to our website due to any temporary and/or partial breakdown, repair, upgrade or maintenance of our Platform or otherwise, or non-delivery of information.
- The RideandRest Platform does not constitute and should not be taken as a recommendation or guaranteed endorsement of the quality, service level, qualification or rating of any Supplier or its facilities, venue, products or services that they have made claim is available.
- Our research and vetting process will eventually involve a member of the RideandRest team visiting accommodation Suppliers to confirm their description. However, during this initial first phase we will vet by researching the property via various digital resources and by making use of Rider feedback and critique.
- Our Platform is made available to our Suppliers and Riders for their own use and therefore, you must not re-sell, deep-link, use, copy, monitor, display, download or reproduce any content or information contained within the Platform.
Subscriptions, Rates, Packages
- For YOU our End User there is no Subscription fee, we ask you to register your details and subscribe solely for your benefit. Please see our Privacy and Cookie Policies for a more detailed explanation.
- The prices offered by our Suppliers on our Platform are highly competitive as you are booking with them directly.
- We take no percentage of the booking fee from our Suppliers, we just charge them a Monthly or Annual Subscription fee, this for YOU the End User keeps costs down.
- Our service is free of charge for YOU the End User because you are booking directly with the Supplier.
- Once you have selected your preferred accommodation from our directory you are immediately sent/forwarded to the Suppliers own website, for you to check availability, prices and make your reservation/booking.
- From this point we no longer have any input, responsibility or liability for your reservation, booking or stay, we just put you in touch with a sourced and researched Supplier capable of giving you secure and safe parking/storage of your machine overnight.
Correspondence and Communication
- RideandRest disclaims liability or responsibility for any communication by you the End User to the Supplier and Supplier to YOU the End User. You cannot derive any rights from any request to, or communication with the Supplier or any form of acknowledgement of receipt of any communication or request.
- We cannot guarantee that any request or communication from you the Rider will be received/read by, complied with, executed or accepted by the Supplier and the same is highlighted for the Supplier communicating with you the Rider.
- We take no responsibility for inaccurate contact details provided by either the Supplier/Rider so please ensure correct email address, phone numbers and payment details are provided by both parties.
Feedback and Rider reviews
- We ask YOU the Rider for feedback and reviews of your selected Supplier during your stay, ensuring that they receive an honest appraisal of their accommodation, its facilities, location, description and the security measures they have in place. This helps our vetting process initially, until we are able to visit the property to corroborate descriptions submitted.
- We will review your feedback and ask you to make amendments to any descriptive claims/ observations that we feel are derogatory and breach our basic rules against - illegality, obscenity, insults, objectionable or inappropriate material and/or words/writing.
- We will also from time to time ask you to give RideandRest an honest review and express your own feedback on our site. We want to work with you to enhance both the Suppliers and YOU the Rider’s experience on our Platform. We will listen, and we will act where necessary.
- The limitations set out in these terms and conditions and to the extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable for direct damages actually suffered, paid or incurred by you due to shortcomings of our obligations in respect to our services.
- Neither we nor any of our officers, directors, employees, representatives, future affiliate partners, agents or others involved in creating, sponsoring, promoting, or otherwise making available the site and its contents shall be liable for any punitive, special, indirect or consequential loss or damages, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of or damage to goodwill or reputation.
- Any inaccuracy relating to the description information, including rates, availability and ratings of the Supplier as made available on our Platform. The services claimed, or the products offered by the Supplier.
- Any direct, indirect, consequential or punitive damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use or delay of our Platform.
- Any personal injury, death, property damage, theft, vandalism and/or personal property, bicycle, motorcycle theft, loss, damage, vandalism or other direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, whether due to legal acts, errors, breaches, negligence, wilful misconduct, omissions, non-performance, misrepresentations, by the Supplier and/or the Rider (including any of their employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives, subcontractors whose products or service are directly or indirectly made available, offered or promoted on or through the Platform, including any cancellation (partial or complete), overbooking, strike, force majeure or any other event beyond our control.
- You agree and acknowledge that the Supplier is at all times responsible for the collection, withholding, remittance and payment of the applicable taxes due on the price or fee to the relevant tax authorities.
- RideandRest is not liable nor responsible for any remittance, collection, withholding or payment of the relevant taxes due for the price or fee to the relevant tax authorities (other than its own corporation tax).
- We do not act as the merchant of record for any product or service made available on the Platform.
- By uploading photos/images onto our system the Supplier certifies, warrants and agrees that they own the copyright to the photographs/images and that they agree that RideandRest may use the uploaded photographs/images on its Platforms.
- The Supplier is permitting RideandRest a non-exclusive, worldwide, unconditional, perpetual right and license to use, reproduce, display as our discretion dictates.
- By uploading their photographs/images the person uploading the picture/s accepts full legal and moral responsibility of any and all legal claims that are made by any third parties including, but not limited to, other accommodation owners due to RideandRest’s publishing and using these photographs/images on our Platform/s.
- We as RideandRest do not own or endorse the photos/images that are uploaded.
- The Supplier/person who uploaded the photo assumes responsibility that the photographs/images will not contain any Viruses, Trojan horses or Infected files and shall not contain any pornographic, illegal, obscene, insulting, objectionable or inappropriate material.
- Ensures the photographs/images do not infringe any third-party rights in respect of intellectual property right, copyright or privacy.
- Any photograph/image that does not meet the above-mentioned criteria will not be posted/ can be removed/deleted by us at any time and without prior notice.
- The user acknowledges the fact, that our Route Planner or Recommended Route features if it is individually created by the user in our route planner or if it is a recommended route, depends most of all on his driving skill, the used vehicle, as well as inner and external influences (weather, traffic situation, physical condition). The user takes full responsibility for choosing the right tour and the right way to drive regarding the above-mentioned conditions.
- Accordingly, the Ride and Rest platform does not take any responsibility and liability for -
- Making sure that the user has the physical and mental ability to drive the tour he chose with a motorcycle, a two-wheeler or any other vehicle;
- Making sure that the user is equipped appropriately for the trip undertaken;
- If the respective weather conditions allow the user to drive down a route, he chose without having more risk for his life, body and health in the road traffic than the usual elevated risk for motorcycle drivers;
- Correct information about the route or its limitations;
- The user acknowledges that any planned or recommended route offered by the Ride and Rest Platform for whatever reasons, might be subject to temporal or long-term road closures (e.g. by local authorities because of natural events, traffic disruptions of any kind, etc.). It is the user’s full responsibility to pay attention to the local (administrative) orders about the road closures and to pay attention to warnings (for example from the internet, radio or TV about natural events and traffic disruptions of any kind) and to adapt his actions and behaviour to them.
- The user acknowledges that the road traffic regulations have full priority and Ride and Rest accepts no responsibility for infractions to the local rules of the road.
- Ride and Rest does not warrant or guarantee the full access, to the public or to other users, to content being forwarded over it by users or other third parties including devices connected to them (for example cell phones). Ride and Rest especially does not warrant the completeness and correctness of content being made available for use from users to other users
Intellectual property rights
- The software required for our Platforms or available at or used by our Platforms and the intellectual property rights including the copyrights of the contents/brand/logo/design and images and information of and material on our Platform are owned by RideandRest, its Suppliers and/or Riders.
- We exclusively retain ownership of all rights, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights of, the look and experience (inclusive of the infrastructure) of our Platform/s on which the service is made available.
- Guest reviews are ours and you are not entitled to copy, scrape, deep-link to, publish, promote, market, integrate, utilize, combine or otherwise use the content including our guest reviews, or our brand without firstly seeking our express written permission. To do this would wholly/partly use or combine our content (inclusive of guest reviews) or would otherwise own any intellectual property rights in our Platforms or any guest reviews, you hereby assign, transfer and set over all such intellectual property rights to RideandRest.
- Any unlawful use or any of the aforementioned actions or behaviour will constitute a material infringement of our intellectual property rights, inclusive of copyrights.
Disputes, Complaints, Customer Satisfaction
- Any dispute, complaint or concern in relation to these general Terms and Conditions and/or our services shall exclusively be submitted to us in the first instance.
- We are here to help, however if we cannot resolve the complaint, dispute or concern between Supplier/Rider then we would urge you seek legal representation.
- Jurisdiction clauses - a Supplier/Rider may bring proceedings in the courts of the country in which they are domiciled, and proceedings by us against a Supplier/Rider may be brought only in the courts of the country in which they are domiciled.
- The original version of these Terms and Conditions are written in English and may have been translated into other languages. The translated version is a courtesy and you cannot derive any rights from the translated version.
- The original English language version to the extent permitted by law shall apply, prevail and be conclusive in all instances.
Legal Disclosure & Impressium
Rideandrest Ltd, is a private limited company registered within England and Wales, with its registered office being 16 Wakehurst Rd, Eastbourne, East Sussex, United Kingdom, BN22 7FL. Registered Number – 09943713
The company is incorporated and operates under the rules, conditions and Law of the United Kingdom.